Saturday, October 6, 2012

Just one kid this weekend...

Zanna is visiting Mimi this weekend in Dallas for some good spoiling! They're going to go see the Little Mermaid play at her school and z has been telling everyone about it for weeks! I hope it lives up to her expectations. While she's gone, cam and I are trying to work in our jungle of a backyard so we can plant grass. I spent the better part of this morning moving the homemade irrigation system (huge bricks and PVC pipe) so Cam could use his new favorite toy, the tiller, to till up the earth. This project is LONG overdue, and if you have ever seen what passes as a backyard at our house, you know I'm not kidding when I say it's a DUMP! I can't wait to have grass and a playscape back there! I secretly wish we could be on one of those backyard transformation shows... It's definitely ugly enough to qualify :)
Anywho, the point of this blog was to say we only have Wyatt this weekend and its interesting noticing that he misses his sister. He is usually surrounded by the noises of a busy little girl, and typically pretty content to let her do the noise-making. Without her here, he's finding his voice :) he's been talking up a storm and then when it's too quiet, he looks around like " wait, where's my sister?!" It's pretty cute! I enjoyed getting to dote only on him this morning the way I used to with Zanna. We had some good giggles while he played on his mat this morning.. He even called Elmo (or maybe Zanna). I miss my punkin but know she's having a ball soaking up the undivided attention of her Mimi!!

No comments:

Followers