Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Child's Play is her work

Zanna has developed an interest in moving things from one place to another, like cat food into the water bowl.... so, I thought back to my
Montessori days, and remembered that one of the "works" in the toddler room is moving rice from one bowl to the next. Well, I really didn't want to be picking rice up off of the floor for days, so I opted for raw Farfalle pasta. After modeling that this doesn't go into

her mouth, Zanna got VERY into it. She was focused for quite a while on this work. When I become braver, we're going to use water.....:)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I love it! Avery loves her montessori work. We have bowls with beans and she likes to use spoons and tongs and other "tools" to move the beans around. Pasta is a good idea b/c it is bigger. Next you could have her polishing the leaves on your plants :) How fun!

Followers