Saturday, July 3, 2010

Wegomo 2010


Mo Ranch Youth Celebration marks a milestone in our family's life. It is the first extended period of time I have spent without Zanna since her birth 16 months ago. Before this trip, I had only spent 2 nights away from her for the confirmation retreat. I missed her terribly, and Cameron deserves a gold medal and anything his heart desires for at least a week for being an outstanding "single parent" for a week. The heartache of being away from my baby was massaged somewhat by the awesome people that were at Mo with me. I brought three girls from FPC Austin and we all had a tremendous time growing in God's grace together, and laughing, and "partying like Presbyterians." Small Group #18 was in another's words, "legit", (even if our small group leader thought eating 4 warheads at once was going to be fun.... ICK!) and all in all, it was a long but fabulous 6 days away from the two loves of my life. And, in just one short week, I'll have to bid them farewell again when we'll pile into the 15 passenger van and head to Heifer Ranch for a week of service and learning. I'm blessed to do it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Followers